Cat opening screen door

kseirafi

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi all,

My cat's developed the strength and the smarts to open our massive sliding screen door that leads to the back yard. He's been doing the same with drawers too. I'm wondering if anyone knows of any screen doors with locks on them. Any other solutions are welcome too! Thanks in advance. 

kittens mom

Kittens life was lost to a negligent veterinarian.
Top Cat
Purraise

Hi all,

My cat's developed the strength and the smarts to open our massive sliding screen door that leads to the back yard. He's been doing the same with drawers too. I'm wondering if anyone knows of any screen doors with locks on them. Any other solutions are welcome too! Thanks in advance. 
We installed a secondary latch high up on outside doors early on. I even have on the outside of the doors so that when I'm in the yard the screen door is secure. I have child locks on a lot of things and some lesser used storage areas simply have the doors secured with gorilla tape.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
 Most screen doors do have a lock feature near the handle. It's odd that yours doesn't. You can probably install one. Talk to the people at the hardware store or the company that made the door (there's probably a label somewhere on the door). The other option would be to replace the entire screen door with one that does have a lock feature.