Cat not sleeping on Buprenorphine

Hlynnmach

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you so much for this and posting updates with your experience. My cat also just had this injection and he’s acting so weird. Hasn’t slept in 28 hours since the shot. I am super worried. He even hides in weird spots and stares off . His birthday is march 13 so I’m worried sick. He’ll be 15! Reading your post and updates have give me some comfort and hope

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

emiliemeow

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you so much for this and posting updates with your experience. My cat also just had this injection and he’s acting so weird. Hasn’t slept in 28 hours since the shot. I am super worried. He even hides in weird spots and stares off . His birthday is march 13 so I’m worried sick. He’ll be 15! Reading your post and updates have give me some comfort and hope
I’m so sorry you and your kitty are going through this right now! I don’t know how well our timeline will line up with yours but it did annoyingly take a few days.

She’s happily purring next to me right now though, almost a year later!

Hlynnmach

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I’m so sorry you and your kitty are going through this right now! I don’t know how well our timeline will line up with yours but it did annoyingly take a few days.

She’s happily purring next to me right now though, almost a year later!
It is so crazy what this medication can do to them! He is currently hiding under the treadmill in our basement. He is eating and drinking though so I’m praying it passes fast. He has not slept and still has huge pupils. I am so glad to hear she is doing great now. I’m praying for the same outcome 🙏🏻🤞🏼