Cat not properly neutered by vet

mewtantmommy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Much more proof -- as if we needed it! -- of the old adage "No good deed goes unpunished." 

Bamacopswife, I am sure you all are doing wonderful good works, as you are being so severely punished, so to speak.

Member Beastie Momma and I also have special needs tailless boys.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Someone I know on another forum bought a "spayed" female rabbit from Petco, and introduced her to a young unneutered male rabbit. She had a litter. Surprise! She complained to Petco and they ended up paying for all the babies to be spayed/neutered, plus the mama of course, because it was their fault the babies were born. So run that by the vet clinic that did the botched neuter. . .it's their fault the babies are here, they should at least take some responsibility for that.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bamacopswife

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I do have the chart and paperwork from the clinic which includes his identifying markers and a notation he is bobtail and referenced his prolapsed rectum was ok for surgery. I have vet records from prior to his neutering with identifying description from when he had his 3 previous surgeries from the prolapsed rectum. I also have vet records from the final vet stating he is the one who actually neutered him AND letter signed by him stating he neutered him. All I have left is the DNA test to proove he is the father to these kittens. I'm so pissed. The more I deal with this the angrier and more upset I get because we still don't know what potential medical issues can arise from the abnormalities if the short tails. I have an attorney who is a friend and helping me with the wording in the letter were sending to them. Now I need to figure out how much to ask for..

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
It sounds as if you have got a very strong case there. I'm glad to hear you've also got someone to help you write the letter. Have any of the kittens been checked by a vet to see if they have any health problems? I'd calculate on the side of worst-case-scenario when working out how much compensation to ask for.

Money will help you take care of these kittens, but it won't do anything to ease the stress and heartache of caring for sick cats. I'm so sorry you're going though this, you have every right to be furious.