Cat Not Peeing

wombat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
The last time my moggy had a proper pee was over 24 hours ago (Saturday night at 11 pm... it's now Monday 2:29 am). This morning, there was a bit of liquid in his litter tray ( I don't use litter, just a tray with drainage holes). It smelt strongly of pee but it was colourless, so I'm not sure if it's pee or not.
If he doesn't pee by tomorrow morning, I'm going to have to get someone to express his urine. But I can't bring him to the vet because his back pain makes it difficult for me to put him in his carrier... also, he was really hostile at the vets. I'm going to have to get a vet who makes house calls... but from what I know they're really expensive. Ideally, I would look for a nurse that can do this on a regular basis, but I don't know where to look. Any suggestions would be really welcome...

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Try calling around to rescue centers/shelters, and even vet offices. There may be someone on their staff that has experience with this and would be willing to make a house call. You are going to need to disclose to them the back issue, as they need to be aware what they are facing should they be willing to help.

It might just be better to find a vet who makes house calls and pay for their services. They would likely to be willing to teach you how to do it yourself.