Cat not meowing when I come home anymore

purrrplej

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi - when my cat was an "only cat," he used to meet me at the door when I came home and meow up a storm at me. Now, since I got a new kitten, he still greets me when I come in, but he doesn't meow like he used to. Is that a bad sign - that he's angry at me for bringing in the newcomer - or a good sign - that he wasn't lonely all day and has nothing to 'complain' about? Thank you!

rad65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would assume it would mean your two cats are playing together all day and he doesn't need your instant gratification when you come home. Unless the cats are still not getting along, in which case it may be a sign of discomfort at having a newcomer and some resentment toward you for bringing the other cat

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

purrrplej

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by rad65

I would assume it would mean your two cats are playing together all day and he doesn't need your instant gratification when you come home. Unless the cats are still not getting along, in which case it may be a sign of discomfort at having a newcomer and some resentment toward you for bringing the other cat
They seem to be getting along tolerably well, so I will hope that it does mean they play together during the day and he is less "needy" when I come home.