Cat Not Eating Or Pooping Regularly And Impossible To Get In Crate For Vet

Irisrose

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have a 14 year old cat that has been erratic for the last couple years. Thought it was behavioral because her sister died of lymphoma 2 years ago and because I was able to cure her odd habits of peeing in weird places. But now she is hardly eating and pooping only small amounts. She drinks a lot of water but lately has puked that up a couple times (not always). Seems to go in cycles--everything is ok a few days, then she stops eating a few days. She is almost impossible to get into the cat crate to go to the vet and has always been cute and loving on her terms but very nervous when approached. I know we can't give medical advice here but was wondering if anyone had suggestions of what to do for her.

Laura304

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Are there any vets in your area that make house calls?

Stinky15

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I have a 14 year old cat that has been erratic for the last couple years. Thought it was behavioral because her sister died of lymphoma 2 years ago and because I was able to cure her odd habits of peeing in weird places. But now she is hardly eating and pooping only small amounts. She drinks a lot of water but lately has puked that up a couple times (not always). Seems to go in cycles--everything is ok a few days, then she stops eating a few days. She is almost impossible to get into the cat crate to go to the vet and has always been cute and loving on her terms but very nervous when approached. I know we can't give medical advice here but was wondering if anyone had suggestions of what to do for her.
Can't you swaddle her in a towel and put her in carrier so the Vet. can see her?

baxtersmom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
The symptoms sound like hyperthyroid to me. Is she loosing weight and shedding more? The throwing up is a symptom as well as drinking a lot. Sometimes they'll be hungry ALL the time and then sometimes they won't eat at all. Unfortunately the only way to know for sure is with bloodwork and for that you'd have to get her to a vet. Have you looked into mobile vets in your area?