Cat not eating food

Alish

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi, so recently we applied the anti flea treatment and my cat accidentally licked it, since then problems began to arise at first he was very dull and wouldn't eat then after 2 days he's fine , he starts to play around like he usually does. However , he has stopped eating his dry and wet food. He only licks it then goes away. The wet food brand we use (whiskas) he goes absolutely crazy when he sees it but now he doesn't. He only eats dry food if its out of my hand, and he doesn't drink much water either, I don't know what to do, I'm still debating if I should take him to the vet or let it fix by itself.

silent meowlook

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. You need to take him to the vet ASAP. Curious, what kind (brand) of flea treatment did you use?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Alish

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I honestly don't know the name , it was in Chinese that we found on the internet

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I honestly don't know the name , it was in Chinese that we found on the internet
Yeah, I would get the cat to the vet ASAP. Never trust flea products sold online that have non-English labels. Sure it costs less but the risk to your pet's health isn't worth it. Bring the package of flea product to the vet with you so the vet can try to determine what chemicals are in the product.

Alish

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank u so much, I will

Alish

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Update: My cat started eating again and is slowly gaining back his appetite, still could not take him to the vet but I'm suspicious that the loss of appetite could be the vaccine effect since he was vaccinated prior to the incident

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
Some cats do react to vaccines or to being given too many vaccines at once. The flea product may have played a part in this as well. Keep your eye on him to make sure that he gets back to normal.