Cat not eating due to stress

js124

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My older cat had been sick and had been back and forth to the vet and emergency vet. My younger cat who is about three had anxiety as is and the situation has made it worse as she is very attached to my older cat. she threw up on Thursday ( this is probably the third time in her life) and has not been really eating. Bathroom normal she is playing and everything else ok but food. I don't know what to do. She does not like human food at all. Any suggestions?

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It's vital that you get her eating asap. Cats can get really sick if they don't eat. At this stage it almost doesn't matter what you feed her so long as she eats. Many cats find Fancy Feast irresistible, so that might be worth a go. Generally, the smellier the god the more appealing it is to a cat, so that's something to keep in mind. Warming the food up a little can make a difference too.

You really need to tackle her stress levels too. If she isn't already on it, Composure could really help. I strongly suggest that you talk to your vet about this too. There may be things they can prescribe to help get her eating. I've seen a simple vitamin B12 injection really help get cats eating again, so that might be something to ask about.

Good luck getting her to eat :vibes: [article="33011"][/article][article="32998"][/article]

cinqchats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Not even meat baby food? Onion-free of course. You heat that up just a little bit and BAM, my cats will fight over that stuff.