Cat not eating and throwing up.

Tanny99

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat got spayed on the 27th, she is about 8 months old. Since she got home, she barely eats, almost not eating at all. Her incision looks normal. She acts normal and drinks normal. But she started to throwing up yesterday and today too ( twice in total ), first time the liquid was yellow and today the liquid looks like it mixed with some pieces of dry food. That means she ate at night right ? Should I be concerned about this ? I called the vet yesterday they said it’s ok since she still drink and acting normal.

permanentrose

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I feel like if your vet said not to worry yet then you don’t need to. I’d just be in contact with your vet if she doesn’t start eating normally over the next few days

cataholic07

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Stress can cause a bit of upset stomach. You can try feeding her some tiki cat, fancy feast pate, ones like that to get her eating.

MissClouseau

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If I were you I would check with the vet then get couple Fortiflora, and give it with pate texture, high-calorie wet food until she starts to feel better. About 40 grams at a time would be better as it will be easier on the digestion. Fortiflora is both probiotic and has some ingredients to support the immune system, as well as being an appetite stimulant. It might be a good idea to give her some support like this while healing.

It's only given once a day as your vet will tell you too.

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Since she's not eating and throwing up, I'd ask the vet to do an xray to make sure they got everything out and there's nothing left behind. If your vet refuses or brushes you off, find a new vet.