Cat Nip and constipation?

snickerdoodle

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Ok. I have noticed something really really odd with Chickster. She's only 2-3 years old (somewhere in there) and she's been having NO trouble with pooping lately. For awhile actually. I had forgotten all about her spray catnip I bought at Petco, (Catnip oil, water, in a spray bottle) and she hasn't had it since before Boo passed away in August. So I gave her some yesterday, she loved it. This evening she started fighting with her butt again and making horrible fighting noises. Her pan, only a couple small dingleberries in there. She'd peed though. She's been eating well. She hissed at me, at Boca in the front room, at her butt. This started and was over in the span of 5 minutes or less. Then I started playing with her hoping that would get her bowels moving (Whenever Boo got excited, he would have to stop to go poo) She's fine now, and even let me pick her up and feel her rectum at the base of her tail. There's a bit in there but that's the small end so no telling what's further up. She won't eat pumpkin or the cat lax I put down for her, and in her fit I didn't want to try forcing her (May before I leave for work though)

Then I put things together and realized the only thing that had changed was the catnip spray. Could this cause her constipation?

Just curious. She's never been a huge water drinker but does drink, and is very active. She's acting fine now and I'm sure in awhile there will be a stinky poo in the box.

Thanks for any advice. Btw, she never gets dry cat nip, she doesn't like it plus I'm afraid of the little splinters in it. I spray the nip on an old oven mitt.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I would wonder if she is allergic to the catnip... Regular cat nip leaves dried actually can help prevent constipation