Cat nibbling/gets aggressive when youre just trying to pet her??

wacckky

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So one of our cats is kinda an oddball lol. She likes to nibble on fingers, not like light bite but I guess grind her teeth beside your fingers and other surfaces?? She even does it to her own paw. When petting her she will roll over and aggressively grab your hand just to nibble. It's cute but then it's not cute when she hooks right on to your arm to bring it closer. When she does that I have to unhook my arm and stop giving her attention, I just wish she would learn not to do that lol I dont know why shes gotten into the habit of it.

I'm also convinced that somehow, when she nibbles on her own paws shes sharpening her nails. Her nails are more sharper, and more of a "hook" than the other ones. I cut her nails roughly every 2 weeks and they still end up like that.

I know I'll never get her out of this nibbling habit shes done it since she was a kitten and she purrs so loud when she does it. But is there anyway I can train her to not grab our arms to do it? We've always stopped petting her and giving attention as soon as it happens but she still does it.

Leomc123

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
maybe use a distraction toy that likes to play with ? As soon as she starts to nibble at your fingers distract her with the toy. Are you able to get a video of her doing this nibbling thing and upload it ?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

wacckky

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
maybe use a distraction toy that likes to play with ? As soon as she starts to nibble at your fingers distract her with the toy. Are you able to get a video of her doing this nibbling thing and upload it ?
Yeah I'll try to get one later on 🤣

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Watch her behavior and look for subtle changes in her demeanor before she starts to nibble and beyond. It sounds like over stimulation to me and she is essentially telling you to stop. If you can determine those changes, you can stop before she reaches the 'over-excited' mode.