Cat neuter

DoodleStrudle

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My brothers cats were neutered almost a week ago, have cones that have stayed on, we have limited activity as much as we can.
So far so good nothing wrong.
But this afternoon i spotted one of them, Max, hunched over the best he could trying to lick.
They both do this but are never able to actually lick.
Unfortunately this time max managed contort himself and lick a spot.

(warning photo below)

It doesn’t look too bad maybe just licked some surgical glue off.
I plan to stay one more day at his house just to make sure nothing gets worse.
I would stay longer but i have a cat and a garden that needs my attention at my moms.
My dad will keep me updated while im away.
9D3E802D-A72C-43D7-B646-80F32C0F10B0.jpeg

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They should be pretty much healed by now. Once they're allowed to lick the surgery site I think it'll look a little pink for a while, because they have to get a week's worth of crud off ;). But tell whoever will be supervising them to keep an eye out for any inflamed redness, swelling, or icky discharge. Or, of course, any behavioral changes like lethargy or a lack of appetite.

Most vets don't even give cones for normal neuters so I don't think it would hurt to remove them now. How long did their vet say to leave the cones on?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

DoodleStrudle

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
They should be pretty much healed by now. Once they're allowed to lick the surgery site I think it'll look a little pink for a while, because they have to get a week's worth of crud off ;). But tell whoever will be supervising them to keep an eye out for any inflamed redness, swelling, or icky discharge. Or, of course, any behavioral changes like lethargy or a lack of appetite.

Most vets don't even give cones for normal neuters so I don't think it would hurt to remove them now. How long did their vet say to leave the cones on?
He took them to the humane society as they do the neuters and spays for cheaper, didnt send him home with cones or say how long they would need any cones, but they were immediately licking and we decided it would be better for them.
the papers said leave the cone on for 10-14 days or until healed.
Tomorrow will mark 1 week, 7days.