Cat Names

Mother Dragon

Cat slave
Top Cat
Purraise
What's the strangest or most unusual cat name you've ever heard?

We've had Two-Stroke and Mephistopholes, but the oddest I've heard was AK-47.

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
Wow, those ARE different. :lol: I can't say any of mine have been that odd. :dunno:

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Probably not very strange, but my little girl is called Mollipop and I think her name is so cute. :)

lalagimp

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tomas Tommy Bubba Puma El Pumador Gargoyle II
He once had a guinea pig named Her Royal Highness, Princess Cabrielle, Ruler of all She Surveys. She was a jerk. Bossed all his other guinea pigs around.
His roomie is Stewart Stewy Stubby Boy Stewburger, the crazy Scotsman. Cat has a battle cry you wouldn't believe.

lorie d.

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know of several cats with strange names. A friend of mine found and adopted a male feral kitten and named him Tom. :please: This person previously owned a cat name Screamer. The family of my son's former girlfriend had two cats named Sweetpea and Meatball. A co-worker's cat is named Climber, and finally, my cat is a male named Sweetie, and some people that that is strange.

sabbyjake

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
The oddest names I ever gave my cats were Over and Under, they were twins that were black on top and striped underneath and 1 cat that had a deformity on it's toe I named odds and ends.

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
When I was at the shelter looking for my new best friend, there was a kitten (in one of the "waiting cages" where they put cats who had already been adopted and were waiting to be picked up by their new families) whose cage tag said, "hi, my name is Moose!" I didn't think that Moose's name was weird, just adorable! :hearthrob:

Vega's Dad

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Chairman Meow! (It reminds me of the late leader of the Chinese communism party )

ihave4cats

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
In high schol a kid had a cat named TP, short for toilet paper. No idea....

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Schnickle-Fritz. He may have a different name by now, since he just got adopted. I think Schnickle suits him - White Persian Mix

Indy's Dad

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I had a friend who got his first cat when he was 45 years old. She was a long hair cat. He said that he wants a really unique name. "I know. I'll call her fluffy." I laughed.

The neighbors called their cat Genghis khan because he would sneak up behind people jump up and wrap his legs around theirs and bite, not hard enough to break the skin but it was startling. He would then throw hisself to the floor and take off running.

I've always waited until I got to know a cat then use a name that fits it's personality.

Buttons-got his name because he would lay on my chest and grab a button on my shirt with his teeth and pull on it and let snap back repeatedly.

BC-for bit.. um brat cat.

Indy Sigh Hunter-Because we found each other on Independence Day. Sigh because he would be laying on my chest purring away then he would take a deep breath then let it out in a big sigh and fall asleep. Hunter because he was a great hunter.

Heidi- because she likes to hide from me.

sargon

High Priest of Freya, The Slightly Bitey.
Super Cat
Purraise
Although my current cat is named Freya (a fairly popular cat name...), I haven't always been so mainstream in my pet names. My previous cat was named Za'ka, and when I was a little kid my mother took in a stray who had 2 boys that she made the horrible mistake of letting me name. I named the mother "meowMeow", because I was 3. of her sons, One was named "Niceness" (who was, of course, a very ill tempered cat), and his much more friendly younger brother, was named "Mr. Ravioli."

cat marcum

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My black cat is named Tippy Toes because her back paws looks like someone dipped them in a bucket of white paint.

debbila

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I once adopted a cat from a family whose little boy named him Stuart Little. :flail:His mother told me he always named their pets after characters in movies. I kept his name but called him Stuart.