Cat Mushy Poop

Kgraham1511

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have a 6 month old kitten. For the past two days he has had mushy poop for his daily poop. No weird color or anything or super watery. Just kind of like mashed potatoes. He has been wormed and up date on all shots.

Just wondering if I am being overly concerned or need to take action? He has had this for about 2 days now.

Show Me Your Kitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Has there been any changes in his diet? New food can cause bowel issues like mushy stools and constipation.

From personal experience, if new food is the culprit, probiotics helped my cats get back to normal again when they were bouncing back and forth between mushy stools and hard little turd balls. Probiotic in my opinion is a good thing to add to a cat's diet, anyway.

He could have also gotten into human food that didn't agree with him.

It's not something I would panic about, but I would recommend contacting your vet if you haven't already and set up a checkup for him.

They'll probably ask you to bring in a sample to be examined to make sure there aren't any parasites, etc.

I hope your kitty's :poop: goes back to normal!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Kgraham1511

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
No new change to regular food.

He has been getting about 3 to 4 greenies a day on a regular basis. I read they are very plant based and can cause loose stool.

So we will stop those and see if things go back to normal. I know more about cat poop now than I ever wanted to lol.

Show Me Your Kitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
No new change to regular food.

He has been getting about 3 to 4 greenies a day on a regular basis. I read they are very plant based and can cause loose stool.

So we will stop those and see if things go back to normal. I know more about cat poop now than I ever wanted to lol.
That could very well be the culprit. Hopefully eliminating those from his diet will make things go back to normal and a vet visit won't be necessary. I try to avoid the vet as much as I can because it's expensive and my boys hate car rides.

Being a poop connoisseur is part of the wonderous life of having a cat lol I literally watch my cats drop a turd to make sure it's normal. Lots of fun lol

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
Canned pumpkin 1/2 to 1 teaspoon a day or every other day can help fix poop issues..some cats hate it. some love it. My Bee eats it right off my hand...which reminds me-got to give it to her tonight..

If kitty hates it-put some on finger and smear it on roof of mouth-start with 1/2 teaspoon and see if it helps-usually see results 12 to 24 hours after giving. It's believed it's a kind of fiber that can help either side of the poop issue..

Kgraham1511

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Didn't know about the pumpkin. Is that something you can get from the pet store or do you use human canned pumpkin?

Kgraham1511

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
We tried the pumpkin. So we went from frequent little mushy poop to more mushy poop every time we go.

Anyone have had a case of mushy poop for about 5 days? What care was prescribed?