Cat missing for 2 days :(;

wacckky

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So my moms cat mitts has been missing for 2 days now. Shes been gone for just as long before, but that was the longest. My brothers gf accidentally let her out and didn't really do too much to try and find her.

My mom lives in a rural area, and someone said they seen a cat just like it about a mile away yesterday. I'm afraid shes adventured out too far and may be lost. Anyone have any tips to try and find a cat that's gone too far? :( she usually sticks around the yard. I'm heartbroken

jefferd18

Ms. Jeff's Legacy
Top Cat
Purraise
Have you tried going to the last place she was seen, rattling a food bag and calling out her name? Have you done that in your own area? Don't ever underestimate the power of calling out to her, just make sure that you stop calling after a few minutes and listen.

1. Set up live traps in that area she was last seen in or your own yard.
2. Keep calling and rattling a food dish or bag.
3. Alert all of your neighbors
4. Put flyers out on her, check the humane society (animal control), and other shelters. Check your property to make sure she isn't trapped anywhere.

I am sure she will be back, and we will all be keeping our fingers crossed for her.

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

wacckky

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
How is it going? Did she come back, or have you seen her at all?
YESS!! Yesterday I went to visit my mom and my stepdad spotted her in the yard. We tried to go out and look for her but we couldnt find her, it was snowing and dark out. But within the last hour I guess my brother seen her and slowly opened the door and she came in!! I guess she finally decided it was time to come home. Shes been missing for over a week. We put out flyers, posted in the community group and there was 2 sightings pretty far away. But I guess she found her way back :)

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise

wacckky

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Excellent news! :clap2: She sure likes to worry her humans, doesn't she. :hugs:

If keeping her inside only is an option, here's a couple TCS articles that might have some helpful tips.

The Five Golden Rules To Bringing An Outdoor Cat Inside | TheCatSite
How To Make Your Home Bigger (at Least For Your Cats) | TheCatSite
How To Prevent Your Cat From Darting Out The Door | TheCatSite
Thank you, we'll try to prevent her from darting out the door because that's her problem. But usually she goes out the door and will go to a specific spot in the yard to eat grass 🙄 But she didnt this time

Dollores

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I am glad you found her!!!:hyper: My cats do that all the time (dissapear for a while). I think some neighbors are feeding them, so they have food somewhere else and they decide to dont come back home for a while.:lovecat3:I know my cats are adorable, anyone can easily be friends with them. As my neighborhood is full of cats, my cats can even be eating food from other cats... I still dont know how to solve this situation, as I wont move to somewhere where they dont feed my cats. And I also dont want to leave my cats home all the time.

wacckky

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I am glad you found her!!!:hyper: My cats do that all the time (dissapear for a while). I think some neighbors are feeding them, so they have food somewhere else and they decide to dont come back home for a while.:lovecat3:I know my cats are adorable, anyone can easily be friends with them. As my neighborhood is full of cats, my cats can even be eating food from other cats... I still dont know how to solve this situation, as I wont move to somewhere where they dont feed my cats. And I also dont want to leave my cats home all the time.
Yeah we were thinking that too but we asked around and no one was feeding her, but there was 2 sightings that were pretty far away. I didn't think she would come home but my stepdad spotted her out with another black cat that always comes to our house. I guess they were out adventuring together. Shes purely an indoor cat though, and spayed so this was a lil weird