Cat lump near/on spay site? Scar tissue?

Moonlight_wolf

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hey, For a little while now I've been noticing a lump of sorts on my kitten's belly. I would have thought it was a muscle if it was symmetrical on both sides of her belly. When she was healing from her spay I remember her having kind of a lump on her incision site, the vet wasn't concerned when He checked her back then, but now whenever I pet her belly (she's a rare cat that actually likes it) I'll feel the lump and I feel like it could be scar tissue but my anxious brain is like "But what if it's not and you don't bring her to the vet soon enough?"

And I have brought my cats to the vet for every little thing I am pretty sure the vet thinks I'm crazy already. Are scars near or on an incision site common for cats? What do they generally feel like?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Moonlight_wolf

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
So it turns out I don’t think she has a tumor because apparently I can only feel whatever I’m feeling when she’s laying down so it probably is a muscle or internal organ that I’ve just never felt on my other cat because my other cat hates her belly being touched especially when she’s laying down. Because I tried to feel it again today when she was standing up and I couldn’t

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It's possible that it's built up scar tissue from the spay and will resolve on its own.