Cat loves grass while walking on a leash - what can i do?

Cutedracula

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have a 3y DSH cat (M, neutered), very energetic. He is a picky one and he doesn't like most of the cat toys, except for the laser point. However, he loves going outside and exploring, so I walk him on a leash every night (30min-1h) in our neighborhood. (People love that and usually pet him - and he loves people!) However, he is obsessed with the grass outside and always wants to eat the plants. After 10-20 minutes he usually vomits. Although I heard that's normal and he doesn't look uncomfortable, I'm not sure what exactly those plants are and I don't know whether the apartment managers use insecticide or other chemicals. Shall I keep him entirely indoor? He will use every opportunity to sneak out and keeps begging at the door... Or what can I do to stop him from eating grass?Thanks!!!

Molly and Abby

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I buy my cat the organic wheatgrass that is sold in my grocery store. She loves it.

It may satiate his desire for grass.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Cutedracula

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I buy my cat the organic wheatgrass that is sold in my grocery store. She loves it.

It may satiate his desire for grass.
Thanks! i got some cat grass once but he never stopped eating those, and the grass died in one week... possibly I should try again and satisfy his desire before he goes out!

Cat McCannon

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
It's ok to keep walking your cat, but if you don't know what it is, don't let your cat eat it!

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
It's ok to keep walking your cat, but if you don't know what it is, don't let your cat eat it!
:yeah: Exactly! You can control the leash and steer him away from the plants. I wouldn't take any chances with him chewing on the plants especially since they could be toxic.