Cat Lost Her Voice

FunnyFaceFamily

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi all, my Dragon baby lost her voice around thursday night. Its now sunday afternoon. We took her to the vet yesterday, and the vet said just to keep an eye on her for a few more days. She has no signs of a URI, no coughing, sneezing, discharge etc. On friday night she did seem to kind of gag a few times so i took her collar off and left it off for 24hours and kept her inside. Today her voice seems to be trying to come back. I wish i could do something for her or knew what the problem is. She has always been quite vocal, and has always had a slightly odd meow, its why we called her Dracarys because she sounds a bit like a Dragon when she meows. Other than losing her voice, she has been a little more lethargic than normal although today she seems a bit more herself. She's continued to eat normally and no fever. Anyone else experienced anything like this? She is 20months old. We have 6 cats, her mother and 4 siblings and no one else has this or any URI symptoms but 1 has diarrhoea which is being treated with flazol. Thanks

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We had one who had to stay over night at the vet and came home sort of rasping rather than meowing. The vet said she spent the whole night discussing things with the other cats and wore her voice out. She got soothing medicine and was okay in a couple of days.

This seems to be different from what happened to your cat, but I thought an answer with a positive outcome might help you relax a little. Your relaxing will help your cat relax which will probably help her throat relax. That is usually suggested for laryngitis.

PushPurrCatPaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
... We took her to the vet yesterday, and the vet said just to keep an eye on her for a few more days. She has no signs of a URI, no coughing, sneezing, discharge etc. On friday night she did seem to kind of gag a few times so i took her collar off and left it off for 24hours and kept her inside. Today her voice seems to be trying to come back. I wish i could do something for her or knew what the problem is. She has always been quite vocal ...
Is she normally an outdoor kitty? Do you think she ingested something while outside? If it were me, I would ask the vet about this possibility

How is she doing today? :vibes::alright: