Cat Lost Appetite For Almost One Week After Applied Revolution

tommy2015

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Last Saturday I applied Revolution to my girl Io for her excessive scratching (for details: Cat Scratches Herself To Bleeding. Treatments Not Work.). For the first couple of days she looked fine but still scratched a lot. Since Tuesday or Wednesday she has lost appetite, only eating a little dry food and refusing to try her favorite canned food.

The good part is in the past two days her itching stopped and she did not made new scars on her head. But her appetite has showed no signs of improvement. I can see significant weight loss. My vet prescribed her Mirtazapine 15mg (1/8 tablet) today and I gave her 7 hours ago. So far I haven't seen any good signs...

Anyone with similar experience? Any suggestions are highly appreciated!

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Let me double check...she is eating something, right? OK, give your vet a call in the morning if she isn't eating much still. He needs to know that so that if he suspects other things going on, he can advise you to bring her in again. Is she drinking? You can take a pate type cat food, mix it with water, and syringe-feed, if necessary. It isn't much fun for you or your cat but will keep her from developing Fatty Liver Disease if she isn't eating at all. Same with water. If she is not drinking, that will keep her from dehydration until the vet can see her again.

Goodness knows cats can have sensitivities to almost anything, just like humans. Revolution sensitivities, while not precisely common, aren't totally rare, either. This might be what is going on.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tommy2015

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Let me double check...she is eating something, right? OK, give your vet a call in the morning if she isn't eating much still. He needs to know that so that if he suspects other things going on, he can advise you to bring her in again. Is she drinking? You can take a pate type cat food, mix it with water, and syringe-feed, if necessary. It isn't much fun for you or your cat but will keep her from developing Fatty Liver Disease if she isn't eating at all. Same with water. If she is not drinking, that will keep her from dehydration until the vet can see her again.

Goodness knows cats can have sensitivities to almost anything, just like humans. Revolution sensitivities, while not precisely common, aren't totally rare, either. This might be what is going on.
She is still eating a little bit dry food and treats. Fortunately she has not lost her passion for broth. So I have managed to give her a lot of drink. And she is still fairly active, peeing and pooping normally.

I will call vet again asap.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
When I said "in the morning," it hadn't occured to me that today is Labor Day, and many vets in the US won't be opened. Hazards of being retired, you may know WHERE you are, but you don't always know WHEN you are.