Cat loooves people on the floor

FurmiliarCattitude

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Does anyone else’s cat absolutely adore when you lay on the floor with them. If I lay on my back with something under my head it’s like a flip gets switched in her head and Loaf crawls all over me purring before settling in to lay there for a while. If I’m just sitting on the floor she gets really happy and playful it’s so cute! Today is actually her gotcha day and I’m home today so I’ve been crawling around all the floor as my main mode of transportation (I know I’m a little nuts haha) today because it makes her so happy and it’s her day lol. Anyone else’s cat get like this?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

FurmiliarCattitude

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
That makes sense too I think. She’s probably thinking “you’re not usually down here so somethings off” I think my kitty just likes that I’m finally down on her level. Every kitty is different and I love learning about their personalities.

duncanmac

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
That makes sense too I think. She’s probably thinking “you’re not usually down here so somethings off” I think my kitty just likes that I’m finally down on her level. Every kitty is different and I love learning about their personalities.
I know dogs have a "play level" and a play bow that seems pretty universal between dogs and people.

A lot of cat people recommend sitting on the floor when socializing shy or scared cats. You guy might be reacting to a less imposing posture.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

FurmiliarCattitude

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
That definitely makes sense. She’s always a sweetheart and not skittish at all (she’s got mojo haha) but I can see how me chilling on the ground with her would be even better since it’s less imposing.

canucksfan1

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
lol yup my baby loves to see me lay on the floor with her :)
she will twist herself so see can see me upside down lol
sometimes i will grab something to hold in the air with my paws then she will lay beside me to see it too then i will pass it to her and she will try hold it in the air like i did:)

ModernCatLady

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yes! Actually when I first got my kitten I was worried he just seemed so scared of everyone. I read about how it is good to sit on the floor and read around the kitten. I always did that in my room. Now when he hears me go upstairs he will run up past me and rub his body on my legs waiting until I open the door. As soon as we are in my room he will look up at me and meow as if to say "pet me now" and we sit on my fluffy carpet and do as the king wants lol.

ArtNJ

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My recently passed cat was very shy at first. She started laying on me on the bed. So I would lay on the couch too and call her. Years later when I started jogging again and stretching on the floor she scared the heck out of me crawling on

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
I get the same response: either on the floor, or on the couch or bed when I am lying down my cats get too happy - one would lay on my chest, another one between my legs, 3rd cat just above my head, 4th one trampling my face.