Cat lollipops?

LillysMom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello everyone. What is your opinion on the "cat lollipops" that are so plentiful on Amazon? My Lily is now 12 years old. She has slowed down a little but still wants to play in her own time. I'm always looking for ways to keep her entertained and stimulated. I read about these "cat lollipops" that you attach to a wall in another forum, but became wary when I saw that neither Chewy or Petsmart carries them at all -- only Amazon. I'm just curious to hear what you kitty lovers and experts have to say on this topic. Thank you!

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
Are you referring to the mostly catnip based compressed treat that can be attached to the wall for a cat to lick?
Amazon.com
This would be one example from Amazon, but there are others.

I was looking for a complete list of ingredients, including whatever is used as a binder, not just the main ingredients. They had varying reviews, but my bias is that I only use organic cat nip as most herbal crops for animal or human consumption are heavily sprayed with pesticides.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

LillysMom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Are you referring to the mostly catnip based compressed treat that can be attached to the wall for a cat to lick?
Amazon.com
This would be one example from Amazon, but there are others.

I was looking for a complete list of ingredients, including whatever is used as a binder, not just the main ingredients. They had varying reviews, but my bias is that I only use organic cat nip as most herbal crops for animal or human consumption are heavily sprayed with pesticides.
[/QUOTE

Yes! That's what I'm talking about. I am wary of these products because they are not available at Chewy or Petsmart, which I would consider just a little more trustworthy than Amazon for our pets. It all sounds like a good idea, but it doesn't seem to even have real catnip -- just catnip and other plant "extracts." I don't think I'll buy any of this stuff. Thank you for your reply, fionasmom fionasmom !

IndyJones

Adopt don't shop.
Top Cat
Purraise
I would be concened about encouraging cats licking the wall too... older homes can have lead and asbestos on/in the walls.

If these things are made in china or india or somewhere they could have toxins in them.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

LillysMom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I would be concened about encouraging cats licking the wall too... older homes can have lead and asbestos on/in the walls.

If these things are made in china or india or somewhere they could have toxins in them.
Absolutely my concerns too. Thank you.