Cat litter in the UK.

mamabirdy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
First time posting in here, ( been on pregnant cats pages for some months).
There has been lots of postings about litter lately and they all seem to be talking about different types of litter available mostly in the USA. So I was wondering what brands do my other British cat lovers like and use?

I like using Catsan but it's expensive and with having Ginny and her 6 babies (4 months old) I get through 2 10lt bags a week now. Does anyone know if the deodoriser granules really work?

Last edited:

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
This site will give you an idea of the various brands available; are you're looking for a non-clumping litter because of the kittens, or clumping now that they're four months old?

We use clumping litter, and recently switched brands because our usual brand (Golden Grey) had deteriorated in quality, becoming dustier and overscented. Right now we're using Cat & Clean de Luxe with Vanilla Fragrance; the scent is barely discernible when the clumps are wet, let alone dry, and the clumps are small and quite firm.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mamabirdy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thank you JCat, I am having to clean the 2 large kittens trays out twice a day now and I mean clean out the whole tray due to the amount of urine and poop that they do. They are confined to the living room and unfortunately we don't have room for any more in there. Ginny has her own tray in the hallway and usually gets cleaned out every couple of days. I was wondering about getting one of those kitty lockers to dispose of the soiled litter but not sure how they work. As you can imagine my wheelie bin gets quite heavy with the weight of the waste. Any ideas are most welcome.

buckwheat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My cat has a routine when I feed he poops, he eats once a day, nd he does leave come back food. If I over feed he doesn't eat it, until next feeding so I so I feed one cup full, and he's cool with it. I wash his feeding bowl, leave fresh water avail. I clean litter box one a day, add 2spoonful of "attract" to top clean litter. I clean litter box with mild liq soap once a week. I don't smell a dirty box ever:) try the "attract" sounds like their not finished pooping , andcoming and going through out the day. Get on a routine for feeding, and pick up bowls when their done, and that should cut back on pooping issues. This is my first kitten/cat and we're doing good:)