Cat Limping after sleep

SteveJohn

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello

So my cat came running in today, scared and hissing at me. She ran in and was walking fine but after a little sleep she has woke up and seems to be limping badly on her front leg and hissing at me.

I don’t think it’s broken as she was running freely on it. Another cat popped up later in the garden so I think she may have been fighting.

Does anyone have any ideas why the limp would come on after she has had a sleep, maybe bitten and it’s now become painful and inflamed.

if she isn’t any better I will be taking her the vets in the morning as they were closed when I noticed her struggling a bit.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi
As you're thinking, she probably got bitten, or it may have been sprained and has now become more sore. Good you're getting her to the vet, let us know what they say :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

SteveJohn

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi
As you're thinking, she probably got bitten, or it may have been sprained and has now become more sore. Good you're getting her to the vet, let us know what they say :)
Hi

thanks for the reply, yeah I hope it’s just a bit sore and nothing more serious. She was running fine on it and moving and has gone sleep and it seems once settled and then woke up she is just struggling and won’t put too much weight down. Can’t even go near her without her hissing

Annieca2016

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Could have been adrenaline that kept her from feeling the injury and now that she's slept, it's worn off and she's actually feeling the pain. Fingers crossed and thinking good thoughts as you get her checked out!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

SteveJohn

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So we found a big bite mark underneath her front left leg, obviously been fighting. Given some antibiotic injection and being kept in for a week. The muscles obviously became sore and swollen whilst she was sleeping and explains the limp.