Cat Licked My Blood?

carliesykesss

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
okay I’m probably being a total spaz but I had a tiny prick on my finger and a little blood came out, maybe a drop, and he licked it up. I take medications and also have an autoimmune disorder. So I’m scared he’s going to get sick. Please tell me he won’t. He’s never done that before and I’m freaking out.

vince

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've had this happen before. I, too, have autoimmune problems and take a number of pills. The cats are none the worse for wear. They may do me in one night in my sleep to get more of my blood, but that's another issue!

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
okay I’m probably being a total spaz but I had a tiny prick on my finger and a little blood came out, maybe a drop, and he licked it up. I take medications and also have an autoimmune disorder. So I’m scared he’s going to get sick. Please tell me he won’t. He’s never done that before and I’m freaking out.
Cats are good wound cleaners. My Baby Girl will focus on any ding or cut I acquire give myself while attempting to fix something, and she's been fine.
If you're really worried or concerned, call your vet in the morning. I doubt they'll be concerned, but if it eases your mind, it's never a bad idea to get their take.
I doubt anything bad will happen over a tiny wound with a drop or two of blood, but I think it's really sweet you're this concerned and only want the best for him. Watch him for anything weird in his behavior (I doubt this will happen) and just try to relax a little, I'm sure he will be fine. :hellocomputer: