Cat Licked Flea Spray

hanbag

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello,
I didn't notice that my flea comb had accidentally been sprayed with a very small amount of Hartz Ultraguard Home Spray. I've been very careful to keep it off of the animals and keep them out of the room while spraying, and now this...
While I was combing my cat a few minutes ago, she suddenly turned and licked one or two small drops off the comb. It might have been less. Now I'm panicking. I can't take her to the vet because they're closed to everything but obvious emergencies. Could one or two small drops kill her?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

hanbag

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
If it helps, I've researched the ingredients, and as far as I can tell the only one harmful to cats is phenothrin. There is 0.4% phenothrin in the entire bottle and she ingested two drops, probably less.

My veterinarian is out of town this month, but I will see if I can at least call for advice tomorrow morning.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. I think she will be fine. Most of the time a cat that licks flea related treatments hacks and coughs because it tastes so bad. You didn't mention that happened, so I am guessing she hardly got any in her mouth.

Hopefully she is still doing OK - and, ideally has eaten and drank some water since then!