Cat Labor Confusion!!

Bj12430247

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So my 2year old cat "Skitzarella" gave me quite a surprise yesterday around 4pm when I came home to find she had given birth. I had suspected my cat was pregnant but did not know when she conceived nor when the kittens would make their debut. Unfortunately the kitten did not make it which was extremely heartbreaking. My concerns now are does she still have more kittens inside or was she only carrrying the one. It has been about 20 hours now since the first was delivered. She is still eating, drinking, but has not used her liter box. She follows me everywhere and does not want to be in the nice quiet confortable room that i made for her to go through this. She is constantly purring and kneading her paws. She wants me to rub her belly. No milk is coming out of her nipples. Shes relaxed. Any room of the house i go too she follows and if i go outside she tries too. I wont let her though. I just worry i will stress her out possibly causing issues if i keep her in the "birthing room" But at this point im not sure she is going to have any more kittens. Any advice???

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Was the kitten she birthed fully developed? Or did it look premature?

It sounds like her hormones are in high gear, but it’s hard to say if she has more or when they might come.

Are her sides bulging at all? Can you see or feel kitten movement?

Your best bet would be to take her to a vet for an ultrasound or x-ray to see if there are more kittens and what their gestational stage is. If she is no longer pregnant, you can schedule a spay.

B Bj12430247

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Bj12430247

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
The kitten did not look premature. But its head seemed to look like it may of had a deformity. But I wasnt sure if that could happen from coming out of her vagina. I have felt her belly and I feel like there might be one more in there and it's down right above where it will come out. I just put my hand very softly on top and it there is movement but not what I thought a kitten would feel like moving around. I could be wrong though. I have contacted a vet and we are just playing it by ear right now. But any advice makes me feel less worried. She is calm and resting as we speak so fingers crossed.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Its fully possible she has more kittens whom will come in due time.
Esp if the first one was premature.

As long she is ok you dont need to worry too much. But keep watch as the situation is touchy.