Cat keeps peeing on bed

skrumtuoscatlayd

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have female cat who is 3 years old. She was perfect with litter box until recently she started peeing in bed. She doesn't even bother to go to the litter box to pee but just sits in bed and let go
I feel like I cannot keep her anymore because I have to wash my bed sheets at least 3 times a week
I am worried she may be given up by new owners and get abandoned in streets if she keep this habit at her new home
What should I do?

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
That sounds like she might have a UTI.

Urinary tract infections make it painful to pee, so the cat avoids the litter box and looks for something soft and comfortable to pee on. I suggest you take her to the vet and have them check her over first of all. Some infections can be treated quite easily with antibiotics, but the longer you leave it the worse the infection gets and the more ingrained the habit of avoiding the litter box becomes.

No one will adopt a cat that pees on the bed. If you are going to rehome her you need to get her fully vetted and get the inappropriate peeing sorted out first.

Is it the same cat you mentioned in this thread?

Cat pooping outside of litterbox

Did you get her spayed yet?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

skrumtuoscatlayd

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
That sounds like she might have a UTI.

Urinary tract infections make it painful to pee, so the cat avoids the litter box and looks for something soft and comfortable to pee on. I suggest you take her to the vet and have them check her over first of all. Some infections can be treated quite easily with antibiotics, but the longer you leave it the worse the infection gets and the more ingrained the habit of avoiding the litter box becomes.

No one will adopt a cat that pees on the bed. If you are going to rehome her you need to get her fully vetted and get the inappropriate peeing sorted out first.

Is it the same cat you mentioned in this thread?

Cat pooping outside of litterbox

Did you get her spayed yet?
Yes same cat. Yes she will be spayed soon But I don't think it is UTI as she doesn't seem painful to pee at all and it is not just pee but she poops outside as well
Today she actually peed on bed then afterwards went straight to litter box to poop. Why culdnt she have also peed inside litter box?
I heard cats like to pee in owners bed if they want their scent to mix with the owner
Now that I think of it, she actually pees in bed whenever I am more affectionate towards her than usual
She doesn't seem to understand what she's done wrong so I don't think I can fix her behavior
She's also inside only cat so she won't do well outside

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
But I don't think it is UTI as she doesn't seem painful to pee at all and it is not just pee but she poops outside as well
Just because you don't think she has a UTI doesn't mean she doesn't have one. Cats are very good at hiding pain. Even a qualified vet would need to take a urine sample, test her blood for an elevated white blood cell count and check her body temperature to confirm an infection.

The fact is that your cat has been pooping and peeing outside of the litter box for well over a month now. Obviously this bother you. Rather than having to deal with a dirty house and constantly clean up after this cat it would be much easier, and cheaper in the long run, if you took her to a vet.

Is there any reason you don't want to allow a vet to see your cat?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

skrumtuoscatlayd

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Just because you don't think she has a UTI doesn't mean she doesn't have one. Cats are very good at hiding pain. Even a qualified vet would need to take a urine sample, test her blood for an elevated white blood cell count and check her body temperature to confirm an infection.

The fact is that your cat has been pooping and peeing outside of the litter box for well over a month now. Obviously this bother you. Rather than having to deal with a dirty house and constantly clean up after this cat it would be much easier, and cheaper in the long run, if you took her to a vet.

Is there any reason you don't want to allow a vet to see your cat?
She's actually been good since my last post.. It's just when she's inside my room she does some kneading and purring in bed and she pees without a sound. I only find out shes peed because of the smell because she pees so secretively
Why don't I take her to vet? Because a I don't have very good experience with the vet, vet killed my first cat and b it is expensive and most problem I had resolved on its own with time with bit of help from internet
She's usually very smart and clean cat ( she grooms maticulously and knows how to give hand) and she didn't have any problem into recently she started peeing and shitting outside of litter box and in bed
I was hoping to keep her for as long as I can

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I was hoping to keep her for as long as I can
So because you had a bad experience with a vet you are willing to allow the pooping and peeing on your bed to continue and are even considering rehoming her, rather than take her to another vet?

I'm sorry, but that doesn't make any sense to me. If you love her or care about her at all you need to get her the medical help she needs. If you could let me know which city and state you live in I'll help you find a low cost vet.

Please don't dump her out on the streets. An unspayed cat with a health problem won't live very long outside.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I think when you take her into be spayed - as you said is soon - that might help a lot. Whoever is doing it should be taking some tests first given her age, and hopefully that will help answer if she has a UTI. UTIs with cats don't have to appear as 'painful' to us humans, trust me as I know that with my own cat.

Look for other vets that you might feel better about - through friends, family, coworkers, and neighbors.

And please keep us posted. We will help in whatever way we can. :hangin: