Cat Keeps Meowing At Objects And Peed On My Newly Washed Clothes In Laundery Bag

Michelle85

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi All,

I have 2 female cats adopted from the same center at the same time. The elder one is more talkative and feisty while the younger one is more quiet and naughty.

There wasn't any problem until me and my husband were taking care of them. Recently my husband had to leave home on an official trip and ever since I feel they are doing things to get my attention.

The elder one keeps rubbing against me and my things and she has kind of spread her scent almost everywhere. This has made the younger one sad and last night she peed on my washed clothes in the laundery basket. (This is my theory. Not sure if I am right)

I am doing my best to show them I love them both equally, by giving them food at the same time, playing with both of them, cuddling them.

How do I make the little one feel better. She keeps meowing (which is very unusual of her) sometimes at objects. The meow resembles the one she did before we spayed her and when she was in heat. She would do a weird cry kind of meow and get on top of me pee and run away.

Also recently I figured the elder one dominates the younger one. Earlier the younger one used to fight for her spot, but these days she just gives up, also loses fights.

Both of them are a year old (2 months of difference between the two), spayed. I clean their litter tray everyday.

Do let me know what I can do to make her feel better. It's kind of upsetting to see her like this, considering how naughty and carefree she actually is.

kittyluv387

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For litterbox related issues you might want to take her to the vet to rule out any ailments. If she's in the clear you can try some feliway plugins to help her settle down.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Also discuss the meowing and how it sounds to you. Once in a great long while a tiny bit of ovarian tissue is left behind and can cause problems like this.