Cat keeps exhaling nose drops

gatolover77

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Vet just prescribed my cat nose drops for his chronic stuffy nose. It's only been a couple of days but everytime we put a drop in his nostril he quickly does a big exhale and pushes it out. Is there a way to avoid this?

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I don't know how you get around that. Are the nose drops medicated, or just saline? If the latter you could run hot water in a bathroom with the door closed, let it get steamy, and then take your cat in there and sit with him for 5 - 10 minutes, a few times a day. It should help with the congestion.

You could also ask your vet if you could get medicated nose drops in a mist inhaler to administer the nose drops, which would be much harder to actually exhale out.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gatolover77

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I don't know how you get around that. Are the nose drops medicated, or just saline? If the latter you could run hot water in a bathroom with the door closed, let it get steamy, and then take your cat in there and sit with him for 5 - 10 minutes, a few times a day. It should help with the congestion.

You could also ask your vet if you could get medicated nose drops in a mist inhaler to administer the nose drops, which would be much harder to actually exhale out.
Yes its a medicine mixed with saline. I will ask about the mist inhaler, good idea!