cat keep showing third eyelid

skrumtuoscatlayd

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My sisters male cat is outdoor indoor cat and recently he's been showing third eyelid and very lethargic. Do you know why he might be like this?
20221030_105801.jpg

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
Could be a number of things…can he be taken to a vet?

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Any number of things can cause the third eye lid to show, from minor irritation to a cold to eye disease. The vet will be able to determine the cause and treat it appropriately. Your sister can email the picture of the cat's third eyelid showing to the vet for a quick assessment while she waits to be seen in person. Most vets are booked weeks in advance these day.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It may be feline herpes virus (not transferrable to humans) the common kitty cold. Get some DMG an immune system supplement and try that on his food. A bottle lasts a long time. since I have started it my cats, who used to get this all the time, have NOT gotten it again. But I also keep them inside too, so they aren't exposed. But it truly works! You can get it online almost everywhere, Walmart, Amazon, etc. Just make sure it can be used on cats. Mine says dogs, cats, and birds.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'd still get the cat to a vet while trying the immune supplement. The supplement won't hurt but it also won't treat the problem if it's not herpes.