Cat Jumped into toilet

rubythecat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So, I told my dad countless times to close the toilet seat, and he didn't. My turkish angora LOVES water, so of course she jumped in a went for a swim. When I walked into the bathroom, I saw Ruby splashing around and I took her out of course. Is a bath necessary? If so, should I use her cat shampoo, or just water?

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would use cat shampoo. She's been exposed to a lot of chemicals and germs.

catlover73

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree with talkingpeanut and would give her a bath using cat shampoo.  It is better to clean any chemical or germs from the toilet out of her fur.

My nine year old cat Starbuck tried to climb on my hubby while he was going to the bathroom when she was a baby kitten.  She wound up getting peed on and he gave her bath with a small amount of dawn dish soap.  We had cat shampoo but it was old and expired so hubby decided it may not be safe to use. She did not like to get wet and her screaming woke me up.  I wound up helping hubby bathe her.  We wrapped her in a towel afterwards and hubby snuggled with her in the towel until she was dry.  After she was dry she climbed in bed under the blankets like she normally did. My hubby also used to forget to close the toilet seat.  Starbuck also fell in the toilet once and had to have a bath.  After the 2nd incident she realized that she would get wet and stayed away from the toilet on her own.

Last edited:

rays cats

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I'd wash her. She may not mind that much as she loves water.

We also have to close the toilet seat as our Maine Coon jumps in it otherwise.

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Liking to splash around in water is one thing, but I would think that it might prove difficult to get out of the toilet afterwards! 
  Poor baby.

Yes, I'd use the shampoo, along with a few words about dangerous behavior.  It won't work, but tell her anyway.

Margret