Cat Is Suddenly Terrified Of Everything.

Nazneen123

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Just wanted to let you know that when I was holding the cat for a bit yesterday, I gave him a little dab of butter. He did lick it up! He is still hiding, but I am still trying!
That's great!

Keep trying and he'll eventually come around

Have you tried any diffusers? That could possibly help

All the best and keep us updated!

Last edited by a moderator:

jefferd18

Ms. Jeff's Legacy
Top Cat
Purraise
Just wanted to let you know that when I was holding the cat for a bit yesterday, I gave him a little dab of butter. He did lick it up! He is still hiding, but I am still trying!

Purrrrfect, cleaning, enjoying treats, and playing makes cat less stress, keep up the good work.

mperry29

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

mperry29

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Well, I thought it was only fair to finally post an update. After well over a month of the cat hiding, not eating well, and being frightened of something, things have gotten better. I tried a calming collar, but it stunk to high heaven and took it off. He was sneezing from it. I made sure that I picked him up each day and brushed him. I moved food, water, and a litter box into the room where he felt comfortable. SLOWLY, he started to venture out. Tonight when I came in the house, he came out to see me. I am so glad that he is feeling better. He is a great cat. I have no idea what he went through before I adopted him, but I love him and am so glad he is happy again. Thanks everyone for your help and suggestions.....

Outmannedmama

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I just posted a very similar thread. You found moving all of his stuff (food, litter box, etc) into the room he's comfortable in helped? I will try that today.
Well, I thought it was only fair to finally post an update. After well over a month of the cat hiding, not eating well, and being frightened of something, things have gotten better. I tried a calming collar, but it stunk to high heaven and took it off. He was sneezing from it. I made sure that I picked him up each day and brushed him. I moved food, water, and a litter box into the room where he felt comfortable. SLOWLY, he started to venture out. Tonight when I came in the house, he came out to see me. I am so glad that he is feeling better. He is a great cat. I have no idea what he went through before I adopted him, but I love him and am so glad he is happy again. Thanks everyone for your help and suggestions.....