Cat Is So Bored

bearNrocko

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hey all, does anyone have any suggestion for a 13lb 8 year old turkish van who gets bored so easy? I play with him but he sleeps during the day and constantly asks for attention at night. I am doing my prereqs for nursing so any other time I would love to give him attention. I do play with him with a string thing on a pole. It's not enough though. I leave the window open for him most of the day. It's not enough. I give him his tablet to watch. It's not enough. I pet him and love him and kiss him. It's NOT enough. Lol He's starting to act like those cats from my cat from hell. Like mean and going after my feet. I am going to completely stop playing with him using my feet or hands. I never had this problem with Rocko or Bear but they had each other and this one is alone. I will not get him another cat because he was mean to Bear before he passed in June. I was thinking about getting him a harness and leash. Maybe let him walk around a little but I live in an apartment complex. Also he is not vaccinated. I have this fear that if I set him down outside he will get some kind of disease lol. (Im not worried about other animals as I would get hurt before him)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bearNrocko

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Also I am afraid that if I get him a harness and leash he will think he has a right to go outside and run out when hes not supposed to. I got him declawed so that would be very very bad. Maybe thats not a good idea. (i didnt get him declawed the people from before us did)

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. Is it possible to communicate with the previous owners and find out if he was bored then and what kind of toys/etc. they had for him? How long have you had him, and could that be part of the issue, in that he is still adjusting to his new home?

I have attached a couple of TCS articles (links below) for you to take a look at to see if they might give you some ideas on how to handle his boredom.

(Btw, is there any reason why he isn't receiving vaccinations/boosters? Probably not a good idea to have him outside in this case, regardless of the declawing.)

Bored Cat? What Cat Owners Need To Know (including 10 Actionable Tips)

8 Superb Automated Cat Toys That You're Going To Love!

Nazneen123

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Did you use to let him play with your hands?

Have you got a Cat tree? You can't go wrong with a Cat tree