Cat Is Scratching An Area Of Carpet But I Don't Know Exactly Where And How To Get Her To Stop, Help?

aforumuser

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She's been scratching part of the carpet by the exit of my studio. I know because occasionally I hear her scratching in that area, but i can't see exactly where because she stops right when i get up to look, she only does this from time to time. i'm trying to find out where she's scratching and trying to get her to stop. i thought she knew better than to scratch carpet. i already bought a cardboard scratcher and put it near that location but she doesn't use it. i've taped up some corners of carpet with shipping tape, i think these are areas where she's been scratching. i don't know anything for certain though. should i start spraying apple cider vinegar+water in this general area as a repellent? how do i get her to stop scratching here. need help

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

aforumuser

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
i just sprayed the area with apple cider vinegar+ water. also taped some aluminum foil down. although it's not sticking well, i probably should have done that before i sprayed. will re tape later on. also put the scratch pad in the area. i hope this will put an end to this

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Cats have different preferences on what they sharpen their claws on. Some like wood, some cardboard, and some carpet. So you may have better luck switching her to a cat scratcher if you purchase one covered in carpet. You can also place a throw rug over the spot she is scratching and hope that she will use that instead of another spot on your carpet.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

aforumuser

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Cats have different preferences on what they sharpen their claws on. Some like wood, some cardboard, and some carpet. So you may have better luck switching her to a cat scratcher if you purchase one covered in carpet. You can also place a throw rug over the spot she is scratching and hope that she will use that instead of another spot on your carpet.
maybe... she does use the cardboard ones though.
so far she hasn't gone in the same area to scratch, i'll continue to check it. I'm not sure how often I should spray the area with apple cider vinegar to keep her out. she's a good cat it's just this scratching issue. I can't monitor her 24/7 so some things she is able to do under my nose