Cat is puking every time he eats rich foods? What is wrong with him?

weili

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
When I say rich foods, like a ciao churo or royal canine can food. He has no issue with a simple ingredient ingredient churo from a different from asia. But everything rich makes him puke. I haven't tried sheba yet. But I think it'll probably make him puke. I have to reconsider breeding him, because he is not at his healthiest state. Why is these kind of foods will make him puke immediately? I am really mad at this cattery calling their ragdoll premium, but it's just a scam to raise the price of their ragdolls. I was so shocked that they gave him to me with yellow stains on his face and a rough fur coat. Not the soft and shiny coat ragdolls are known for. The photos they showed me is nothing like that. It is either photoshop or they didn't bother caring about him after I paid 50% deposit. 3000 usd. Really unbelievable.

Do you think it has to do with him being unhealthy? Is it possibly a bigger issue than just puking?

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Compare the ingredients in all the foods you feed him and see if that shows up any particular items in his food that might be the culprit.

If he throws up immediately after eating (regurgitating), he could be eating too fast because he really likes the taste of those specific foods. That being the case, you could get him slow feeder dishes to see if that helps.

You kind of have to go through various scenarios to find possible clues about when/why he does this.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Approximately how long have you had your ragdoll cat and did the breeder tell you what they fed him?

Do you think it has to do with him being unhealthy? Is it possibly a bigger issue than just puking?
Have you taken him to the vet after purchasing him from the breeder for an exam? You may also want to ask about having bloodwork done but I agree with FeebysOwner FeebysOwner that you may have to consider eliminating some of the possible causes.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I'm not understanding, if he's fine with less rich food why not just feed him those and keep things easier for his stomach?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

weili

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I'm not understanding, if he's fine with less rich food why not just feed him those and keep things easier for his stomach?
???? Other cats have no problems. So there might be something wrong him.
Approximately how long have you had your ragdoll cat and did the breeder tell you what they fed him?

The breeder has them live in a separate place and they treat like a business, so they go home or don't come on the weekends. I horrified of how I saw the cattery is arranged. She locked up a male cat for biting her boyfriend. Just what. The cage was about the same size as him. Poor boy. This is in Thailand so things are done differently. There several people that separate a kitten from the mother 2 weeks old. So he probably never learned to control his biting. I am assuming my new baby was under a lot of stress living in a toxic environment.

Have you taken him to the vet after purchasing him from the breeder for an exam? You may also want to ask about having bloodwork done but I agree with FeebysOwner FeebysOwner that you may have to consider eliminating some of the possible causes.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
???? Other cats have no problems. So there might be something wrong him.
Some cats can be more sensitive to certain foods than others - it is not an absolute that means there is something wrong with him. If he does OK on certain foods and your other cats like it to, then see what happens when you stop trying to feed him stuff that upsets his system. If there is an underlying problem, it will surface sooner or later.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Other cats have no problems.
As feebysowner said, other cats aren't this cat.
Doesn't mean there's anything wrong with him at all. You could be causing more trouble by trying to figure out something that's a non-starter, in other words feed him what his stomach tolerates and leave it at that.

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have a cat who has to be on a strict gastrointestinal diet or he starts having diarrhea. He is not unhealthy, but his system cannot handle certain ingredients or foods. We can't change his food or it sets him off. This started when he was about 8 months old and he's now 12 years old. I had another kitty who couldn't tolerate any kind of fish flavored food. Immediately, she would throw up. I eliminated all the fish foods from her diet and the vomiting stopped.