Cat Is On Steroids - Time For A New Vet?

Faikey

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Making him indoors will help a LOT. The conversion is difficult but its worth it. Who knows, it might be the outdoor allergies getting to him. My dog for example gets hay fever like me. Why not try forcing him inside first?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

javo2004

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Why not try forcing him inside first?
He freaks out if indoors for 24h. He has always been like this since he was very young.
I have always had cats and they were ALL indoors, but this one, he is very temperamental.

If I do not open the door for him, we will cause havoc, scratch everything and pee everywhere. If I do open the door for him just for 30 mins, he will return home happy and relaxed. Also, I am renting and I don't want him to damage the property.
Because of him, I moved to the countryside - to the middle of nowhere - so I can be more relaxed with letting him out and not worry about traffic.
So, yeah :) ...

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It's possible that he is getting into some kind of lawn fertilizer or something since he's outside for some part of the day that is causing this reaction. I'm just trying to think of some other things that could be the trigger.