Cat is lethargic and gel like drool. HELP!

alyssalc11

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have a male red point Siamese cat that is almost one. I haven't gotten him shots yet (I know it's terrible but I never expected him to get out [emoji]128532[/emoji]) and he got outside of our house and was gone for a few days and he came back day before yesterday and has been acting weird ever since. He's got a gel-like drool Coming out of his mouth and it smells really bad. He also is sleeping a lot. He's eating okay but not really drinking and I have not seen him use the bathroom. I've been reading things online which I know is bad to do cause it's got me thinking the worst but I can't help but be worried. He eats wet food really well but it seems like it's hard for him to eat harder food/treats.. Please give me some insight because I am unable to take him to the vet at this time!

tobilei

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Google tells me it's possible some kind of respiratory infection but it might be too soon for that to be a problem. Is the mouth looking okay? Not burned or something wedged in there anywhere? What concerns me is potentially some kind of poison having been ingested. Any of the above would likely require a vet though.

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I agree with Toiliei.  I was going to suggest any and all of her guesses, but I'm highly suspecting something is wrong with her mouth.  If money is the issue with taking her to a Vet, can you ask family members to help out, or possibly apply for Care Credit.  It's a great resource when your pet needs help.  Just make sure if you get approved that your Vet accepts it.  If not, find a Vet who does.  There are plenty out there. 

msserena

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
He might have eaten a poisonous plant, get that cat to the vet straight away!

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The only thing you can do is to take your cat to a vet ASAP. No one on the Internet can diagnose your cat unfrotunately. Only a vet can do a full exam and bloodwork to determine what exactly is wrong with the vet. Home treatments of any kind will not help your cat and any attemtps to do so may make your cat even sicker since you don't know exactly what is wrong with the cat.

Please see this to get the help your cat needs: http://www.thecatsite.com/a/no-money-for-vet-care-how-to-find-help-and-save-your-cats-life

coniferously

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My cats went through the same thing recently. We think it was a chemical burn from a new deoderizer in their litter. They were put on antibiotics and given an oral rinse for a week and the swollen tongues and sores went away. Please get him to the vet ASAP! He could have eaten something poisonous. Excessive drooling is a sure sign of that.