Cat Is Constantly Eating And Drinking Our Food And Drinks

Lindseylj95

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
our kitten is about 4 months old. We got him at 8 weeks. We noticed he was always sneaking onto the couch or the coffee table and drinking our drinks or eating our food. I have to put him in our room when I give my daughter food because she’s only 2 and not old enough to push him away. And he’s at the age where he can jump onto all the counters in the house. I can’t even sit my drink down and walk away for a minute cause he will get into it. It’s so aggravating having to constantly throw out food and drinks and I’m at the point where I just want to get rid of him. And I hate that because I really love him but it’s costing me a lot of money and stress. We have a spray bottle and we spray him every time we see him doing it but weve been doing that for months and it hasn’t helped. What do I do?!??!?

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Your cat is a baby. You have to be patient and train him, like you are patient with your toddler as she learns. He’s curious and wants to get into everything. It’s your job to help him succeed.

How much are you feeding him, though? He might be hungry.

How much are you playing with him? He may also be bored.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Lindseylj95

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
That makes since but I’ve had kittens before and they never did this so I was just worried. And I always make sure he has food I. His bowl. I thought that may be why so Now I keep his bowl in the kitchen where it’s easy to get to and always keep it full. And we play with him a lot. Well it’s mainly my little girl and him because they are like best friends haha but yeah I don’t know... I just don’t want this to keep going on forever.

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He may be hungry all the time even though he’s eating if he has worms. He really should be dewormed now. You’ll also want to set up a neuter. Has he been vaccinated?