Cat Is Calling For Missing Human...

FlawlessImperfection

Life isn’t perfect, and it’s lovely that way. ❤️
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Does anyone else have a cat that does this?

View media item 421542
Buttercup wandered the house calling for my son after he left for grandmas yesterday, but finally settled in, but still watches and listens. Today, she heard him on the phone with me and even talked to him on the phone herself.
Yet now, she’s convinced I am hiding him somewhere, and now she’s demanding I produce him!
At first she seemed convinced he was in the magic box (phone), but now she clearly thinks I’m playing a trick on her and have him stashed somewhere. She’s been following me around meowing at me, and then I get that lovely demanding meow too! And it’s spreading! The dog usually calms down and waits, but now he’s following her around and getting all excited and wagging his tail and looking at me with that hopeful face- she got him going too! Sheesh!
Does anyone else have a cat who looks for a missing family member?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

FlawlessImperfection

Alpha Cat
Purraise
our cats do look for me, or my husband if one of us is not home at normal times. so yes, i think they do! :heartshape: they know who should be home, and when.
So they know your schedule? We don’t have one right now as it’s summer and no school means... well, Summer! Who knows when we come and go, haha!
Except, I think she’s going to hold me hostage soon, if I don’t produce him from “the magic box”. That “meow” is giving me nightmares...:fear:;)

duckpond

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think ours do know our schedule. lol they all LOVE me at 530 in the am, its time for breakfast, i never need an alarm clock. and they always wake me up, never my husband.

My husband and i work together, normally we come in together about 530 after work, if only one of us comes in the door they do hang around the door for a bit like they are looking for the other one.

My husband sits on the couch for an hour or two of tv time about 800pm most nights, cats love to cuddle with him when he does, if he is not there around that time they do meow around in the den, on the couch, like they are calling for him to come on! :)

RajaNMizu

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
That was the sweetest story, KarenKat!

When we adopted Raja, we didn't know she had a brief, failed adoption. While she is always friendly, she took a strong liking to my father. A few months after she had been with us I discovered she had been with another family but returned to the shelter because she was sick. When I saw a photo of them, I instantly realized why she adores my dad so much...the man could be his twin. Even my own father looked at the picture and said "wow".

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

FlawlessImperfection

Alpha Cat
Purraise
That was the sweetest story, KarenKat!

When we adopted Raja, we didn't know she had a brief, failed adoption. While she is always friendly, she took a strong liking to my father. A few months after she had been with us I discovered she had been with another family but returned to the shelter because she was sick. When I saw a photo of them, I instantly realized why she adores my dad so much...the man could be his twin. Even my own father looked at the picture and said "wow".
Aww! It just makes me realize how much they really do live and need us- despite people feeling that cats are more “aloof” and don’t need us or love us as much as dogs.:lovecat: