Cat Is Broken

FlawlessImperfection

Life isn’t perfect, and it’s lovely that way. ❤️
Alpha Cat
Purraise
As you can see, we are all embarrassed, upset and confused. Her inability to “Cat” is causing the dog to have an identity crisis, look!! She doesn’t like BOXES. There. I said it. I can’t believe my own pet would turn out like this, and I think it’s spreading. The dog is in the box, and on top of the cat house, and she clearly doesn’t know how to cat! What should I do? Does anyone else have a mixed up family? (This is for fun in case anyone REALLY freaks out;))

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
FlawlessImperfection FlawlessImperfection - Your cat is not broken, since "broken" implies that at one time, the cat was perfect. This is just another example of poor quality control at the cat factory. I have a Snowshoe

<pause while readers sigh and make commiserative sounds>

who's caused me to install latches on every door, and to basically "baby-proof" the entire place. Boxes? Good Lord no. I'd often find her curled up asleep in a cabinet, having usurped the place of the cookware which had been summarily pushed onto the floor prior to Cat-Proofing Level 99, but boxes are simply too mundane. In short, she was produced by the Cat Factory without the Box Gene.

With so much having been hidden away, she's now showing her imagination and innovative abilities. Sink Strainer Shuffleboard can break out at any time, but is usually scheduled for the wee hours. She also has Sir Edmund Hillary Syndrome - the desire and the ability to scale any surface to the pinnacle regardless of height or the sheerness of vertical surface, but without the forethought of being able to manage getting down without help, which leads to your humble author dazedly stumbling downstairs in the middle of the night, drawn by what - in a cat-free environment - could only be the sound of evil mythical warriors tormenting a dozen babies, to find her perched atop a cabinet or a bookcase, screeching in her Siamesest voice - and of course, retrieving her brings every other cat running, hoping for treats or a midnight snack.

I seldom cook on the stove top these days, which can necessitate learning how to make a grilled cheese sandwich on a charcoal grill in sub-zero temperatures (the trick, of course, is in shielding the top of the sandwich with your body from blowing, drifting snow without getting so close that your clothing actually catches fire).

Light switches? These are simply toys to a captive Snowshoe. My neighbours have remarked that it's like living next door to the Amityville Horror House, with lights flickering on and off at odd hours through the night, and the eerie, far-off, blood-curdling Siamese screams.

No, our cats are not "broken" in the way that you intended the definition - they're defective right from the factory. Somewhere in the far east, there's a factory running three shifts, churning out cats as fast as they can - tens of thousands of workers, toiling to keep up with the worldwide demand for cats - and at the end of the assembly line, there's a single inspector, headphones clamped tightly over his ears, blaring the strains of some band you've never heard of, like Mungo Joogie And The All-Night Smoot, eating Doritos non-stop, and staring intently at his SmartPhone, texting his BFF - absolutely oblivious to the cats which sail past him on the conveyor belt, and the ghastly, dreadfully shoddy quality of their workmanship.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

FlawlessImperfection

Alpha Cat
Purraise
It seems like the dog is taking the "cat" role. Don't feel bad it happens in some of the nicest families. They are both really cute.
The dog is a monster. He is perfectly well behaved and the best dog I’ve ever had- but STILL, he rules the house lol! The dynamic between these two is hilarious, and they are ALWAYS sneaking together, they don’t want us to see them play? So weird!!

FlawlessImperfection

Alpha Cat
Purraise
No, no. I see PRIDE in Cat (second pic) at how well she has taught Dog the proper ways of behaving. What a hoot!
Oh my goodness I could learn a thing or two about how she dangles him from a string! Sheesh I could make life a whole lot easier if I lost my scruples and shame, she doesn’t seem to miss hers!:lol:

FlawlessImperfection

Alpha Cat
Purraise
FlawlessImperfection FlawlessImperfection - Your cat is not broken, since "broken" implies that at one time, the cat was perfect. This is just another example of poor quality control at the cat factory. I have a Snowshoe

<pause while readers sigh and make commiserative sounds>

who's caused me to install latches on every door, and to basically "baby-proof" the entire place. Boxes? Good Lord no. I'd often find her curled up asleep in a cabinet, having usurped the place of the cookware which had been summarily pushed onto the floor prior to Cat-Proofing Level 99, but boxes are simply too mundane. In short, she was produced by the Cat Factory without the Box Gene.

With so much having been hidden away, she's now showing her imagination and innovative abilities. Sink Strainer Shuffleboard can break out at any time, but is usually scheduled for the wee hours. She also has Sir Edmund Hillary Syndrome - the desire and the ability to scale any surface to the pinnacle regardless of height or the sheerness of vertical surface, but without the forethought of being able to manage getting down without help, which leads to your humble author dazedly stumbling downstairs in the middle of the night, drawn by what - in a cat-free environment - could only be the sound of evil mythical warriors tormenting a dozen babies, to find her perched atop a cabinet or a bookcase, screeching in her Siamesest voice - and of course, retrieving her brings every other cat running, hoping for treats or a midnight snack.

I seldom cook on the stove top these days, which can necessitate learning how to make a grilled cheese sandwich on a charcoal grill in sub-zero temperatures (the trick, of course, is in shielding the top of the sandwich with your body from blowing, drifting snow without getting so close that your clothing actually catches fire).

Light switches? These are simply toys to a captive Snowshoe. My neighbours have remarked that it's like living next door to the Amityville Horror House, with lights flickering on and off at odd hours through the night, and the eerie, far-off, blood-curdling Siamese screams.

No, our cats are not "broken" in the way that you intended the definition - they're defective right from the factory. Somewhere in the far east, there's a factory running three shifts, churning out cats as fast as they can - tens of thousands of workers, toiling to keep up with the worldwide demand for cats - and at the end of the assembly line, there's a single inspector, headphones clamped tightly over his ears, blaring the strains of some band you've never heard of, like Mungo Joogie And The All-Night Smoot, eating Doritos non-stop, and staring intently at his SmartPhone, texting his BFF - absolutely oblivious to the cats which sail past him on the conveyor belt, and the ghastly, dreadfully shoddy quality of their workmanship.
Oh my goodness I humbly bow before the perfection of your written truth dear Wordsmith- the only perfection to be had in this, the greatest of atrocities, placed upon those of us gullible enough to enter into that gentle, (so gentle and delicate!) fluffy, (oh so soft and cute!) loving (oh the purrs she loves me!) FACADE of a nine lives of eternal servitude contract that usurped our existence. I shall weep with you, and your worn out hinges, electrical outlets and frayed nerves, while I try to hide under the blankets from my own shame. Demented elves. I blame Santa for overworking and inbreeding his darn fantasy midgets, and those genetic mutants who are good for nothing but booze, ice vodka and smoking rain deer fodder, who ended up getting scooped up as the sole workforce for these cat factories. Seriously, how did he not see this coming if he knows what color bike little Timmy wants for Christmas? “Oh fine, those parents want to keep popping out kids and more work for me I’ll show them. I’ll just let a few of my rejects go start their own assembly line. They’ll show those breeders the meaning of an overwhelming overpopulation of unwanted, undersized tyrants! It’s a conspiracy!!!!