Cat is attacking me!

ambbbs

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat attacks me! Everyday she bites scratches, claws and everything idek what to do, she is a year and a couple months old, she's not a kitten. Her eyes get big and she starts going crazy she even attacks me when I'm sleeping. Somebody please help!!!!

babylexus

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Our kitten is about the same age, she's a year old and does the same thing. We will play with her a lot during the day and it will wear her out so that she leaves us alone at night. Cats tend to be nocturnal and so at night is when they want to play- try playing with her more through the day and showing her that's when the time to be crazy is, and night time is not. If you can wear her out before bed, that works too. We used to play with a laser with her for about an hour each night and the bad behavior stopped!

highpriestess

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I don't often suggest meeting aggression with aggression but one thing most cats loathe is being sprayed with water.  My mother keeps a small toy water pistol (key chain size), handy.  She only has to pick it up for her two Toms stop bickering or misbehaving.  But I agree with the respondent regarding medical checks.  Your cat may be in pain.

elliesvictim

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
This site is a great place for advice. It is governed and visited by people much better than l.
It sounds like your cats maybe bored or trying to instigate play. My 1yr old female has done a lot of similar stuff and has been met with actions most on here would disapprove.
She decided one morning that I had been in bed long enough and viciously scratched a bare spot on my back. I chased her around my apartment.
Another morning when she was about 3-4 months she dug her long claw (the one the vet removed) into my arm to get me up. Surprised I woke up and swiped her half way across the bed.
Another time She swiped at my eyes while playing scared the $h&t out me and I swiped back.
None of these are ideal training tools but she's not done any of these since.
Kittens and young cats test boundaries just like kids so don't be afraid to get upset or let her know it's not ok. They need the know when gone too far.
But listen to others too, like I said much better than I.

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
This site is a great place for advice. It is governed and visited by people much better than l.
It sounds like your cats maybe bored or trying to instigate play. My 1yr old female has done a lot of similar stuff and has been met with actions most on here would disapprove.
She decided one morning that I had been in bed long enough and viciously scratched a bare spot on my back. I chased her around my apartment.
Another morning when she was about 3-4 months she dug her long claw (the one the vet removed) into my arm to get me up. Surprised I woke up and swiped her half way across the bed.
Another time She swiped at my eyes while playing scared the $h&t out me and I swiped back.
None of these are ideal training tools but she's not done any of these since.
Kittens and young cats test boundaries just like kids so don't be afraid to get upset or let her know it's not ok. They need the know when gone too far.
But listen to others too, like I said much better than I.
You're quite right, @Elliesvictim, most people here wouldn't approve of these actions.

[article="29678"]Cats And Discipline Dont Mix​[/article]

Cats don't understand and respond well to discipline, but it's even worse if the behaviour is caused by some kind of medical condition. 

@ambbbs It is really important to establish why a cat is behaving in this way..  Certainly a vet visit would be the first port of call.

This is a good article on cat aggression that may help:

[article="29673"]Cat Aggression Toward People​[/article]