Cat is a serial water spiller- help

käsekopf

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi,

since my cat was a kitten, he's always needed to shake his bowl in order to start drinking. Obviously, this causes spillages. Between this and running droplets of old bathwater if the faucet wasn't all the way closed, he cannot drink stagnant water. I have tried numerous spill-proof bowls but he finds a way to spill water out of all of them. He's had urinary issues before, so I'm worried about him not drinking enough water. Does anyone have a fountain recommendation, or maybe a totally unspillable bowl? I'm also worried that if he gets a fountain, even with the water already moving he may want to tip it over somehow. Any tips would be great.

Thanks

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Veteran
Purraise
Hi, you could try a dog bowl that has a larger base, and/or get one of those food service trays and put the bowl on it, or you could try a water fountain with a swan neck that mimics a faucet.

Amazon.com

food service tray - Google Search

https://www.chewy.com/trixie-curved-stream-cat-dog-water/dp/701766

There is also a product that will turn the faucet on when the cat approaches it and then back off- I haven't looked into this, but I would definitely have gotten it had it been available a few years back for my dripping faucet loving kitty at the time lol

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

käsekopf

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi, you could try a dog bowl that has a larger base, and/or get one of those food service trays and put the bowl on it, or you could try a water fountain with a swan neck that mimics a faucet.

Amazon.com

food service tray - Google Search

https://www.chewy.com/trixie-curved...81lNs65Fm4i7Q0XgD0PZGyzFtkQgKndkaAtrqEALw_wcB

There is also a product that will turn the faucet on when the cat approaches it and then back off- I haven't looked into this, but I would definitely have gotten it had it been available a few years back for my dripping faucet loving kitty at the time lol
I'll definitely put in an order for a swan-neck fountain and give it a go, thanks

IndyJones

Adopt don't shop.
Top Cat
Purraise
There actualy is a fountain called "the swan" by pioneer pet.
Amazon.ca

I havn't tried this specific one since my cats prefer bubblers but Kabuto has the raindrop made by the same company.