Cat Introductions?

Rei's Mom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
so I now have 2 cats. Rei my first one is about 4 months old. We just got another one yesterday and she's about 2 months (no name yet). What is the best way to introduce them when you lack the space to do it slowly (I didn't realize how small my home is until I brought the little one in and tried finding her a space). So now I have a tiny baby that doesn't want to do anything because the bigger baby won't leave her alone. So far there hasn't been any real fighting no biting or yelps from either cat. But, we have a lot of hissing from both, pouncing from the bigger one, and paw swiping from the little one

Letta

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
You should seperate them. It will help everyone to settle in. Do you have a studio or 1 bedroom? If you have a 1 bedroom you could put your new kitten in your bedroom otherwise maybe the bathroom. They are babies they will be friends before no times, but it would help everyone if you separate them until everyone feel safer.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Rei's Mom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
It's a 2 bedroom but the man doesn't want them in the kids room at all. Rei sits in our bedroom all day while I'm working so I'd feel bad booting her out. But I have to do something because I don't want either of them to get hurt