Cat in heat

cats5

Nicky
Adult Cat
Purraise
Any suggestions on how to make Cami more comfortable until she gets spayed next week? She's one horny little girl & going after all my other cats that have already been spayed & neutered plus are a lot older, too. They look at her like, what in the heck is wrong with you? Plus, I don't know if there is any correlation due to the fact that she is in heat but I just discovered 2 spots where I'm assuming one of the males marked their territory. I sure hope this is not the beginning of another behavior problem that I use to have a few yrs ago with one of my other male cats. Hoping that once she is spayed & has calmed down that life will resume back to normal.

wolflover326

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I had a petite girl go into heat on me. She looked like she was 4mo, but when she started to act like she was in heat, I took her to the vet to find out she was 6mo! I had to wait several weeks to gather the funds to get her spayed- and, boy, was it a fun month! 

The best I could do was give her the attention she wanted (she's a friendly kitty anyways, but she is a FRIENDLY kitty when she's in heat!). That's about all I could do for her, though. She drove one of my males crazy because she liked him the best. I tried to keep them separated as much as possible because she drove him crazy. 

You could try to get some Feliway plug-ins to see if they might help calm things down a bit, with both her and the possible marking. 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cats5

Nicky
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the info. I will try the Feliway plug-ins & I've been pretty much trying to keep her in her room so she won't bother the other cats that are freaking out over commotion. Thank goodness I only have a few more days to wait before I can get her spayed.