Cat hunts me and only me

alyssinreality

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My DLH (likely maine coon mix as he's pretty big) 10 month kitten always stalks and hunts me when he's in a wild mood. He doesn't seem to do this to anyone else in my apartment. I live with two guys and I'm a girl. I'm also "mom" to the cat. Do you think he hunts me because he sees me as being weaker than the guys? Or do cats always hunt their mothers? I know the mom is meant to teach them hunting so I thought maybe that was it too.

This isn't a huge problem. I know I shouldn't let him bite me and sometimes I try to just walk away when he does it, or hiss so he knows it's bad but sometimes I fight back a tiny bit if he gets me good (pat on the butt, biting back softly, smack paw). Which also probably encourages it haha.

I was just curious to hear from some cat people what they think is going on in his head. 

catspaw66

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Cats always hunt their "mothers". She is the one that teaches them to stalk and since you are her surrogate mother, she is bonded more strongly to you. Mine like to stalk and ankle mug me.