Cat howling at night and beating up my other cat!

kara701

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have been having problems with my 9 year old male cat Smokey. Lately, he's been howling late at night and sometimes early in the morning (he used to always meow at 5 am but he's stopped that). I need this to stop... He is driving me crazy. I looked it up and read it could be a health issue. Should I make a vet appointment? It's been a year or so since he's been there. It's 3 am and I'm awake thanks to him. :/

His other problem... He attacks my "special" female cat, 10 year old Pepper. She had a stroke when she was just a kitten and nearly died. She never was the same after and is terrified of everyone but me. My cats attack her because I think they can tell she's off. :( Smokey beats her up, usually at night and I don't know how to stop him. I keep her in my room with the door closed when he gets into these weird "moods."

How can I control this cat? I love him, but he is getting on my nerves.

shadowsrescue

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Please schedule a vet appointment.  Any sudden change in behavior should mean a trip to the vet.  Discuss options on how to protect your other cat.  You might want to start with some feliway diffusers and keep the cats separated as much as possible until after the vet appointment.