Cat Hissing

NyxHemera45

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
so my cat Sugar and me recently moved back in with my parents. My parents have three cats (one old boy and two unidentifiable kittens) my cat lived with my parents for 1 week before she met the other cats. First she met the old boy, and he hissed at her, now everytime she sees him or the kittens she hisses and even hisses by herself.
She never hisses at other cats when we go for walks and she plays with dogs (as long as they are friendly with her)
Im worried she won't ever get along with them because she's scarred from the first impression.
Any advice or personal antidotes?

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hissing doesn't mean anything scary. That is how cats communicate, hissing, growling, etc. She is just telling them to be cautious and back off. Has she done anything else to them? Do they ever eat or sleep near each other at other times?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

NyxHemera45

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hissing doesn't mean anything scary. That is how cats communicate, hissing, growling, etc. She is just telling them to be cautious and back off. Has she done anything else to them? Do they ever eat or sleep near each other at other times?
No they don't. I've noticed she also doesn't meow at all when we are here, she just hisses for everything. It's really weird.
It's like she used to speak in meows and now it's all hisses, like speaking a different language after moving to different country

Hellenww

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Dose she seem stressed or aggressive when she hisses? If she is ok in all other way I have to wonder if it is just that. She learned a new sound and is enjoying trying it on. As long as there are no fighting or hiding on any ones part try som playtime and be aware of how each cat reacts so you can stop if it upsets anyone.