Cat hind legs and a Sore

Lynn4

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat developed a bald spot on her back hind legs and then they got really red. She began licking them alot - I don't know how she got hurt. Put a cone on her - vet did laser treatments on her - did not help - used antibiotic cream for a week - did not help- took away rough surfaces (like cardboard), same outcome. the tried manuka honey AM and Pm and helped some as long as she can't get to them to lick. When the cone loosens she licks and they turn red again. She also got shots of antibiotics and checked for ringworm and had revolution put on her. Same outcome. help.

Attached is my picture pf her at her worst.

Attachments

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Perhaps something like Benadryl would help if her licking is somewhat related to itchiness? Has the vet considered taking a skin scraping to test the tissue in case that might help to identify what is keeping the area from healing since she has received some different treatments that haven't helped?

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Possible food allergy / sensitivity? My cat get bald spots in random places if he eats something that doesn't agree with his body. What do you feed your cat? Or environmental allergy like to the litter or a cleaning product that you use.

When did the bald spot start and can you think of anything that might have changed in the home that may have triggered it?

If the vet is out of ideas, you can seek out another vet for an opinion.