Cat Health Problem

Meme chan

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
:hellosmiley:

my cat (adult female) was diagnosed with parasite infection recently and already had her medication. her next appointment is going to be this Thursday..
yesterday she vomited what i thought a hairball, i thought it was normal.. but today she vomited again it was very nasty and i saw small living worm with it. is this caused by the medication to get the parasite out of her? or should i take her to the vet?
am i right to be worried ??

duckpond

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She still has a parasite problem. She needs more, or different medications. Not sure what your vet gave her, or when? I would see if they would move the visit forward so you can get the treatment started. I suggest call them in the morning. Let us know how she is doing. is she your avatar? Pretty cat.

lacy2000

Windy City Fosters
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Vomiting living worms means the medicine is definitely not working. The worms should be coming out the other end and should not be alive. Have the vet try a different dewormer.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Meme chan

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
took Meme to the doctor today and he examined her and gave her medication for the parasites, her next appointment is on Saturday.. after i posted the thread here her vomiting episodes stopped but i will keep my eye on her. duckpond duckpond

catlover73

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am glad Meme is feeling better. You can always call your vet if you have questions. You are being an excellent advocate for Meme's health.