Cat Healt..it's Urgent!

Helpmylittlekitten

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
i made this profile desperatly to be able to find some answers/Get some Help, so to start...this is about my eight month old kitten and for the past 2 weeks now He have been a litle sick..and Yes we are going to the vet pretty often if we see something is wrong..and it is ..for the last days now He have been pretty shaby and wont almost eat anything (from the start When He was sick He was still eating even tho He mostly vomited it up afterwards But He still seemed interested in food after the times) but as I said lately he almost dosent eat at all...and I have tried to give him other foods so he might seem more interested but he only eats a little and next time he usually don't want that food anymore. Im just so worried cuz i have a bond with him and I want to do everything I can to make him be better again...it hurts so much seeing him so weak and tired (at least he's still drinking water normally) but I'm afraid that something inn him will shut down cuz of no food. We are going to the vet with him tomorrow for a check up but I'm afraid we will just leave with another medicine shot and no improvement...so plz help me with some advice I just want him to get better again. Thank you

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hi, and welcome to TCS :welcomesign: I'm sorry you haven't joined us under better circumstances :( :hugs:

I am so sorry you're going through this with your boy. What does the vet think is going on? Have any diagnoses been mentioned? What are the shots he's been getting?

It might be worth asking your vet about a convalescent prescription diet for him (Hills a/d and Royal Canin Recovery are the two main ones). These are specially formulated for sick kittes, and can be thinned a little and used for syringe feeding if necessary.

Without more information it's hard to say what the cause might be - so many things can cause sickness and lethargy like this. I really hope he gets better soon :vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes:

kskatt

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Please get a second opinion. Talk to people at local shelters and rescues, ask what vet they recommend. This has been going on far too long for a vet to not have any real ideas.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I also think you need to go to another vet to get a second opinion. Two weeks is a long time, too long to be just a minor virus or something that he ate not agreeing him. The most serious issue that cats can get into when not eating enough for an extended period of time is something called hepatic lipidosis or fatty liver. It is unique to cats, all cats including the big cat. Cats were designed to live very lean and their livers are not efficient at digesting fat. It is possible for fat stores to break down quicker than the liver can metabolize the fat and they get fat deposits on their liver.